CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

When I Heard The Learn'd Astronomer- By: Walt Whitman


This is a very unique book and there are so few words that the illustrations do a beautiful job of telling the story. I think this is an imporant book for children because it is all about dreaming big and imagination. I love the quote by Albert Einstein at the end of the book and really summarizes the whole book. I think this would be an excellent book to have for a read aloud, and talk about their dreams and imagination but I do not really see kids choosing this book as their number one favorite book because I think adults can relate more to it. Overall, I do like this book because I think it very beautiful and delivers a wonderful message would be apprehensive to say children would really like it. I still would plan to have it in my classroom though.

4 comments:

Mallory said...

Hey Molly! I think you did a great job explaining this book. It gives a great message to adults but children may not fully get it, but the pictures are fabulous. I also think that it is so wonderful to use your imagination and dream big, so this book has a wonderful message about that. Keep up the great blogging! =)

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

You know, I've read the Whitman poem countless times. It's one of my favorites of his. And yet, Long has made it come alive in this visual way. Now I love the poem, and I'll never read it without envisioning this little boy with his toy rocket.

Amanda J. said...

Hey Molly, I enjoyed reading the book too! There are so many pictures, but I think that is ok. Some students are visual learners and maybe those students would learn more from this book also. Amanda J.

Amanda J. said...

Hey Molly, I enjoyed reading the book too! There are so many pictures, but I think that is ok. Some students are visual learners and maybe those students would learn more from this book also. Amanda J.