CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Clementine- By: Sara Pennypacker Pictures By: Marla Frazee


Clementine is a hilarious book that really speaks the mind of children! I love how Pennypacker would have Clementine say some outlandish thing, but then realize the reader could see through her embellishments and then would say "okay, fine" and tell the truth. I could relate to how Clementine felt she was the ONLY person paying attention at some points because I would always try to use this statement to my parents when I would get in trouble for something. Clementine faces the daily challenges that young children face each day: getting sent to the principal's office (and of course it was not her fault!), get in a fight with best friend and stop being friends for the week, and finally overhearing parents and misinterpreting what they say. However, through all of her difficulties, she is still able to save the day by figuring out how to move the pigeons away from the front door! Children would definitely be able to relate to this great book and most likely think it is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the pictures by Marla Frazee. Some of the funniest lines in the book is Clementine describing something and then saying " and here is a picture of that". I loved that! I really enjoyed this book because Clementine did face challenges but with the help of her parents, she was able to work through them. I will most likely read this book again and will be checking out the other Clementine books!

1 comments:

Madeline said...

I think that these are Great reflections of this story Molly. I agree with you, this book is fun all around and def. makes me want to read more!